Marketing Your Home
Now that you have decided to sell your home and have determined the fair market price, it is time to begin thinking about the most effective way to market your home to potential buyers.
Remember, when you hire a reputable real estate agent, they will coordinate and incur the costs of the majority of your home's marketing needs. In addition, they have access to a network of other real estate offices and agents within their Multiple Listing Service. Networking is key when trying to sell a home!
Below are some ideas that your agent, can use to create greater market exposure of your home:
· Make a List of Special Features: Write down all of the fabulous and unique features of your property. What are some of the characteristics you truly love about your home? What improvements have you made to your property recently? Be as descriptive as possible. Use this list to help design flyers, and other marketing materials for your home. If you are working with a REALTOR®, provide them with this list.
· Signs: Place a For Sale sign on your front lawn for additional exposure.
· Real Estate Flyers: Design flyers that you can distribute throughout the community. Also, place an information box in your front lawn so that passers-by can find out details about your home. .
· Networking: Tell friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers that you are placing your home on the market. They may know someone who is currently looking to buy. Also, (REALTORS) real estate agents have networks of real estate offices and agents who are members of their Multiple Listing Service. Your REALTOR® can also send out announcements to their customers to let them know you have listed your home. Even if their customers aren't interested, they may know someone who might be interested in your home.
· Open Houses: (Contact homer owner insurance company and notify them, home is on the market for sale and ask whether this will effect conditions of your policy). Make sure your home is in immaculate condition as you will have many people wandering your house looking through closets and cabinets. ( put all valuables away, out of sight and perhaps lock items up in secure location). Have a detailed list about the age of the roof, water heater, air conditioner, and furnace. These are important details to a prospective buyer.
· The Internet: The Internet is a great effective way to market your home. Your (REALTOR) real estate agent, may have a personal website where they are able to feature property listings. In addition, your property will be included in a listing database where potential buyers are able to search for listings that meet their specific home criteria. Property listings on websites offer color photos, as well as property details.